1478 Padawans
rashikathebookowl

Rashika, The Book Owl

Full Blooded

Full Blooded -

This is a rather hard book to rate because while the first half bored me to tears the second half flew by until I was smacked in the face by the ending.

I initially picked up this book because it reminded me of Bitten which happens to be one of my favorite books (based on werewolves). I wanted to see how things would play out in this one.

The first half was boring. It was about how she changed and how everyone would try to kill her and how she was special blah blah blah. The only thing that interested me at that point was Ray, Nick and Tyler.

I am sure most people don't like Ray but I love him. His determination is amazing and had the main character been Ray instead everyone would have loved him. Look at him, he uses his instincts and knows there is something wrong with Jessica and tries to find out what that something is. Of course he harasses Jessica as well but if you look at it from his POV it's actually justified. He thinks that she is doing something illegal and even if most of his hatred comes from an old grudge his reasoning is good. I like Nick because he is a loyal friend and he isn't secretly in love with Jessica. It's a nice change from things.

Twin brothers are not very common in books. I've always secretly wanted one so I really did like Tyler. He is always backing his sister up and comforting her and just trying to help her get through this whole thing.

The second half of the book turned interesting when Rourke came in. He is a badass and has his own agenda (like most cool badasses). I am kind of shallow but I don't really have a good reason for liking Rourke. Just that I like him (maybe because he is hot). It's not that there isn't a lot to him, there is, he is a mystery to us, but there isn't enough of him in this book for us to actually draw conclusions about his character.

I am not sure how I feel about our main character. She is supposed to be someone that will end all the supernatural races or something like that but I don't know enough about the prophecy to satisfy me. Jessica is the only female werewolf and I wish we were given more explanation about this phenomena because it would have made me understand Jessica's character better had she not just been a freak of nature. There isn't much depth to Jessica's character or I didn't see it but I believe we will be seeing a new side to her in the sequel.

The relationships are done really well in this book and there are some notable ones between her and her father, her brother, her best friend and even the one between her and Ray (or maybe that's just my obsession with Ray).

There isn't much of a plot or if there is I have no idea what the hell it is. There is action of course but not enough of it. I just wish there was more to the book.

The ending, even if it's kind of a cliffhanger, is promising and makes me really want to grab the sequel (and read more about the adventures of Ray).