1478 Padawans
rashikathebookowl

Rashika, The Book Owl

Cry No More by Linda Howard

Cry No More - Linda Howard

There are just so many feelings. This is definitely the best book I've read by Linda Howard so far.

I think one of the things that really work for this book is Diaz. Yeah he has the Alpha male feel to him but he is so much more than that. He is introduced as someone you should definitely fear. Milla's first reaction isn't lust when she sees him, it is fear. The author doesn't go on for pages about how hot he is, she focuses on how he is almost detached from emotions. Which makes Diaz come off as somewhat scary instead of just some hot dude who you're supposed to be scared of but instead lust after.

There is also something to be said about Milla's determination to find her baby. Her struggle breaks your heart. She isn't described as a kick ass female lead and you know what? For a female lead to be admirable, she doesn't have to be kick ass. Milla is tough but she is also rather feminine, it's a part of who she is. She had to toughen up to deal with her grief.
I may also be partial to her because we share b'days (yes I re-read that part) and so now I am just extremely happy.

The mystery aspect is enjoyable and at first it seems like you have it all figured out and then the author throws in twist that one might have suspected but if you are anything like me, you would have probably overlooked it.

This book was one heck of an emotional roller coaster. It makes you want to cry, it keeps you on the edge and it also makes you smile occasionally.

The beginning starts off with David and Milla's relationship and it's just depressing now that I think about it because these two individuals were crazy about each other but their relationship could not survive the weigh of losing a child. It shows that sometimes love isn't enough. Love doesn't always concur all. One of the things I admire about their relationship is the fact that despite the divorce they still cared for one another. They aren't just civil or polite. David still tries to help Milla's search by giving her a generous alimony and Milla doesn't let her pride get in the way of accepting that. He also still checks up on her. Honestly I wish things would have turned out better for them.

The ending though, after that emotional wringer the author put us through, almost made me sob with joy because it was beautiful. I want to know more but you know I'll make do with my imagination and re-reading the ending a couple of times.