1465 Padawans
rashikathebookowl

Rashika, The Book Owl

Eon: Dragoneye Reborn by Alison Goodman

Eon: Dragoneye Reborn - Alison Goodman

This book was a bundle of awesome. I am so glad I read it; although I am sure my librarian is happier I finally returned it.

It took me a long time to get around to this and even when I did I stopped reading when I found it there might be a love triangle in the sequel. Lucky for me there are nice people in the world and they cleared that up for me and so I continued reading.

I don’t pick up fantasy often mostly because it is a special genre; I don’t want to read anything in this genre that I am not sure won’t blow my mind.

From the plot, to the characters to the world building, everything was done very well in this book, so it's safe to say my mind was blown.

It took me a while to write this review because my brain was too scattered to actually come up with anything that would justify this book.

There were times I wanted to smack Eon in the face because she didn’t realize the truth of what she was and didn’t want to embrace it but I understood it. I couldn’t call her stupid because if people knew she would be screwed (even though at one point I did exactly that).

The characters in this book are somewhat complicated, not all of them are likeable but that doesn’t mean you hate them. You never understand what their motives are because that’s what life at court is like; there are tons of politics, sides and my favorite, secrets. The secondary characters are well developed and also happen to be my favorites (Lady Dela, Ryko, Rilla and Chart).

The world building is done beautifully. It’s amazing how much of the culture Goodman incorporated into this book.

The plot was rather interesting, we know who the bad guy is but I think this first book was meant as an introduction into this world and the sequel is where we’ll learn more about the dragons and have tons of fighting scenes. Beside that what made the plot really interesting was what was going on in the court. It’s a very interesting place, plus.. the prince.

I believe book does the fantasy genre justice; it has action, a strong female lead, a good plot, great world building and my personal favorite, DRAGONS! So I recommend it to everyone who loves the genre as well.

I look forward to reading the sequel and seeing how the romance works out.