1478 Padawans
rashikathebookowl

Rashika, The Book Owl

The Dreamer

The Dreamer (Ala Notable Children's Books. Older Readers) - Pam Munoz Ryan

I just finished the book and I am still trying to wrap my mind around this wonderful piece of work I just read.

The only thing I can think of right now is.. How is this book for middle grade readers? This book has so much sorrow in it, it hurts but it also has so much hope. The innocence of our main character and how he doesn't want to give up on his dream, its so touching and heart wrenching at the same time.

Pam Munoz (sorry I cannot do the accent on the n) is one of my favorite childhood authors and when I found out about this book I immediately added it to my list, it took a long time for me to actually read it though. The last time I read one of her works, I was in 6th grade. I didn't think years later, the last year before I was going to journey off into the world of the mature adults, that I'd read something by her. But here I am... sitting and just trying to digest everything I just read.This woman has the power to pack so much emotion into such a short book. I think I keep on repeating the same thing again and again but I just cannot put enough emphasis on how powerful this book is. Reading it at this age, I can see the many layers she puts into her works.. I feel like I should read all of the other ones I've read just to see if it would be the same.There is nothing I can say that would justify this book so I won't but believe me it's absolutely worth it.