1465 Padawans
rashikathebookowl

Rashika, The Book Owl

Every Day by David Levithan

Every Day - David Levithan

This book is powerful. I think that’s the best way to describe it. I cannot say I loved it because even though I did there were things that stopped me from loving it the way it should have been loved. That sounds weird doesn’t it? It’s complicated. A is officially one of my all-time favorite characters. His/Her’s voice is one of the most unique ones I’ve encountered and had A not been who he/she was, I probably would not have enjoyed it one bit. You see A tends to get a little philosophical and had he/she been a normal 16 year old, you might have wondered what normal 16 year old talked like that. A is definitely not normal and for all we could know, A is not even human. Rhiannon on the other hand was not a character I could come to love. She is supposed to be this kind person yet she doesn’t seem so kind when it comes to A. I know that it’s difficult to adjust to the whole idea of A being someone else every day but at least she could try to reel in her discomfort. I think the main reason I cannot give this a higher rating is because we know what goes on with A but we don’t know why. The WHY matters to me. The science geek in me wants explanations. This is such a unique concept and not knowing WHY it happens kills me.The ending is bittersweet. The bitter part doesn’t affect me too much because it involves Rhiannon and well I wasn’t particularly attached to her. I really do wish there was a sequel though. There is so much potential for a sequel but I know the likelihood of that happening is rather low. I am really glad I read this book though. It was. I don’t know how to summarize my reading experience because I am rather speechless at the moment but this is a read I’d definitely recommend.