1478 Padawans
rashikathebookowl

Rashika, The Book Owl

Spartan Frost by Jennifer Estep

Spartan Frost - Jennifer Estep

"I wasn't going to pretend to be anything other than I was- a Spartan out for blood"

I didn't even know this was from Logan's Pov. I kind of overlooked it because I don't usually read the novella's in between books, however for Logan I had to make an exception.

After the events of the last book, I kind of expected to read a lot more about his feelings about Gwen and how he was miserable about what happened.

Although there was some of that, it was more focused on Logan as a person and how the events of the previous book changed him. I am glad we got to see him as a character who wasn't defined by how he felt for Gwen.

There is quite a bit of character development in this short novella, in the beginning of the novella, Logan is kind of depressed, he is trying hard to accept that Loki won't be able to take over him again but he still lives in fear of that. He doesn't really want to get out of the house because people will talk about him and be scared of him. By the end of the novella, the Logan we all knew before the incident is starting to emerge again, no his sense of humor is not returning, but his strength and faith in himself is.

I think it was really interesting to see the change in the relationship between Logan and his father and I cannot wait to see how that will be explored in the next book.

Overall, I am dying for the next book. GIMME! PLEASE!