1465 Padawans
rashikathebookowl

Rashika, The Book Owl

Timekeeper by Alexandra Monir

Timekeeper (Timeless, #2) - Alexandra Monir

I have terrible luck, whenever I get excited for something it gets messed up. I wish I could say this book was amazing and that it was worth it but it wasn't. This book was disappointing. It was so disappointing that I feel like pretending that the first was a stand alone and that the ending never happened. Okay I may be overreacting according to some people but I am so disappointed it hurts.

The author had two years to work on this and if this is what she came up with.. well I don't even know what to say. The first one was magical, it had this musical flow to it which made you love it so much and things made so much more sense in the first one. Also the historical concept was so much more better. I am not one for historical fiction but sometimes I'll come across one that I love, Timeless was one of them but Timekeeper failed to do the time era's it was referring to justice.

Aside from that it also seemed rushed, the author never focused on anything, just kept on throwing bits of stuff at us. One second she would say one thing and the other she would mention another, she kept on jumping from idea to idea never telling us enough about what she was talking about. For example, Lisa was mentioned once in the book when Michele had to go to her for help. Lisa disappeared from the book after that. She used to be her mother's best friend. I would have loved to know something about her but there was nothing.

I got the ending I was hoping for but not in the way I wanted, some of the things don't even make sense with the whole Philip thing. Monir took the easiest and the most obvious way out of the problem and it disturbed me because it wasn't what I wanted. I was even more disappointed with how easily Philip accepted things, it was so sudden you don't see the change happening. Did I mention how obvious her solution was? I am going to repeat it to put emphasis on the obvious part because half of the people already guessed it.

I guess it's not only the romance that disappointed me because the romance wasn't the only thing that captivated me in the first book- although it was part of it, it was the how the author weaved in the historical concepts and Michele's way of dealing with things. This book was a jumbled puzzle. The pieces didn't fit together perfectly. The whole book was all over the place.

I feel like I am being easy on this book because despite what I said it breaks my heart to see how Timekeeper turned out. I cannot make myself give it a worse rating because despite being not as good as I hoped, it wasn't horrible. In most situations a horrible sequel would make me dislike the first book but it didn't happen in this case probably because I felt so detached in this one. I never got involved with the characters. I was sitting there trying to figure out where the characters I loved disappeared because in this book, they were flat. There was no depth to them.

I really do hope that people don't find it as disappointing as I did because I know a lot of people have been waiting for it longer than I have and I hope that it makes them happier than it made me. I think the worst part is that this was the book I was most excited about for this year and seeing how it wasn't nearly as good as I hoped, I lost hope for all the other books I had been waiting for.