1465 Padawans
rashikathebookowl

Rashika, The Book Owl

Some Girls Bite by Chloe Neill

Some Girls Bite - Chloe Neill

This book probably deserves more than the 2.5 I gave it but then again it was somewhere between okay and likeable for me. I am not a fan of vampire books, I have my reasons of course and I am trying to reconnect with vampires because otherwise I am going to be avoiding a lot of books and then eventually I’ll run out of books to read and then I’ll die.

The only vampire series I’ve read and thoroughly enjoyed was the Vampire Academy. I was actually surprised by how good the world building was in this book but it couldn’t overlook my issues with the book. The main character was awesome but I hated how she was obsessed with Ethan. I do NOT like Ethan. I like Morgan and she doesn’t really spare him a second glance. I also dislike her best friend. She is supportive and what not but it seems like she is more obsessed with the idea of her best friend being a vampire than anything else. Also it annoys me that she doesn’t realize that Merit is moving out because of her. It really pissed me off because you know you both share the house dammit and she also needs her sleep, go to his house if you plan on staying awake (no I am not going to say it). One of the things that bothered me about the world building was that why are the vampires only in Chicago? What’s so special about Chicago? Yeah.. that didn’t make sense to me at all.

I believe that this book would probably appeal to everyone but if you cannot overlook certain things then you are going to have a hard time enjoying it, just like I did.