1478 Padawans
rashikathebookowl

Rashika, The Book Owl

Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli

Stargirl (Readers Circle) - Jerry Spinelli

I cannot really say anything about this since I read it like a few years ago, but I feel like writing something anyway.

Every time I visit this page, I feel a wave of Nostalgia, I remember reading this as a 7th grader and absolutely falling in love. But I feel the pain of the ending of this book as well, I resist the urge to cry every time I think about it.

Jerry Spinelli has always been a genius and has been a huge part of my childhood, I just wish this was a happier book, sure there are flowers everywhere (literally), but it has this sadness in it, hidden in places not everyone will see. Maybe I feel like I can relate to Stargirl's situation (who isn't the narrator) so that's why it affects me more.

I think this is one of those books where you can analyze every single detail and come up with different results. Like I think the cover is intentionally that simple. I think the fact that the cover is so simple symbolizes how no one really understands her, they write her off and don't try to understand why she is they way she is.

Maybe I am over analyzing this as I do many things but I felt the need to share my opinion so I did.