1465 Padawans

Rashika, The Book Owl

The Ask and the Answer by Patrick Ness

The Ask and the Answer  - Patrick Ness

Battle not with monsters
lest you become a monster
and if you gaze into the abyss
the abyss gazes into you

Patrick Ness is a genius.
I've read quite a bit of Dystopian novels and I am pretty sure this is the best. A lot of the Dystopian novels these days are about people finding that their lives have been a lie and them trying to take the government down. Nothing more. Ness explores human nature and how war can make monsters out of men. It really is amazing. I've felt all kinds of emotions while reading the series. From joy to sorrow. He explores so much about human nature its amazing. The relationships in this series are so genuine. You really can see how far people will go for power.
I am scared of reading the next book because as amazing as this one was, it was also terrifying. I don't like wars or violence. It's what makes me and Todd similar. We couldn't kill to save ourselves unless someone we love is directly threatened.
This is a book full of lies with no wrong or right. The reality of OUR society. This isn't a book for everyone. Some people won't be able to keep up with it, others won't be able to stand all the torture. But in the end this book is one of a kind.