1478 Padawans
rashikathebookowl

Rashika, The Book Owl

Finding Sky by Joss Stirling

Finding Sky - Joss Stirling

The only reason I didn't give it a 5 was because I wish there had been more of a plot. It's more of a book about self discovery and well I was hoping they would use their powers to you know save the day or something.
But this book is everything I wanted from Significance and more. It portrayed the whole concept of "soul mates" in a better way and I had a soft spot for our main character. I love how you know she isn't struck down by Zed, she sees him as someone that she can secretly fantasize about and is perfectly content with that. I also love all the funny ways she describes Zed.
" I hummed an ironic little exit tune, imagining them both leaping into the skies as they departed from the sight of us mere mortals."
" Wolfman turning into puppy-carrying-slippers? "
I also love her star wars references which she uses to describe her friends.
Sky also happens to be the kind of person who won't just except what she is told. Like the first time Zed told her that she is a savant.
" ‘Sky, you can’t ignore this!’ He stood under the street lamp, sleet settling in his hair, hands fisted at his side. ‘You’re mine—you have to be.’
‘No. I. Don’t.’ "

I was so happy when I read this scene because it proved that Sky wouldn't be those stupid females that believe everything the guy tells them, that they need proof.
Zed may seem like a bad guy and later we learn the reason behind his behavior. I actually loved Zed in their relationship, he was the cute one, while Sky was a bit more realistic. I think they made the cutest pair ever and I was always grinning when reading their rather cute scenes. Zed may be overprotective, but I don't mind it because his reasons seem legit and he isn't controlling because as we can see Sky doesn't listen to him.
I didn't think the book would be this good but I was amazed by how much I loved it.
I reread the scenes from it when I feel bad and I recommend this book to everyone because its light and lovable and it's fluffy. The perfect read after a string of sci fic, fantasy and dystopian novels, the hard stuff can wear you down.