1475 Padawans
rashikathebookowl

Rashika, The Book Owl

Ill Wind by Rachel Caine

Ill Wind - Rachel Caine

Note: The fact that Rachel and I have the same B'day does not influence my rating.

Okay so I had to say that just to tell the world that me and Rachel have the same b'day. This is important because I think she is the only person in existence that I know of that has the same b'day as me.

Anyways so I didn't actually like her Morganville vampires series too much and decided to not continue it but a couple of days ago I felt this urge to read a book that had Djinns in it. I was thinking about one of my favorite childhood series that featured Djinns and I remembered that this book had Djinns too. So I decided to pick it up again and give it a go.

I am very happy to announce that I loved this book.

Not only did have Djinns but it featured people who have the ability to control certain elements and I love both 'things. So imagine how enthusiastic I was about reading this book.

The plot was great and so were the characters. Although unlike most people I actually fell in love with Lewis instead of David. I did come to love David as well but for some reason Lewis appealed more to me. I guess power calls to power (if you've read the book you'll get the reference).

Jo herself was such a great female lead. I don't actually know how to encompass all her awesomness into one teeny tiny paragraph. She is just so realistic and relateable. She has had crushes and while she may not have many friends she is loyal to all of them and will help them no matter what.

Psht I don't want to say much else about this book (because honestly I really cannot seem to put my enthusiasm in words) but even if you didn't like her Morganville series definitely give this one a shot.