1465 Padawans
rashikathebookowl

Rashika, The Book Owl

The Returned by Jason Mott

The Returned - Jason Mott
“Something has happened”, he belted out, startling the church. “Something-the cause of which we have not yet been made privy-has happened.” He spread his arms. “And what are we to do? How are we to react? Should we be afraid? …”

I, like Cory, am giving this book a 3 star rating even though I DNFed it. Honestly I wasn’t the intended audience for this book so I really cannot blame the book for the fact that I could not get into it.

This book is for an audience who isn’t looking for action but rather for a powerful and emotional message.

The main characters of this book are an old couple (in their 70’s ) who have their son returned. Now when they were originally discussing the possibility it was Lucille who was vary but when their son returned it was Harold who became vary. He doesn't really think that this 'thing' could be his son.

There are also small chapters that focus on other Returned characters and how they are treated. Some of them are treated horribly and some of them are well received. Some of them are rejected by their own families.

Humans have always been scared of the unknown and the fact that no one has any answers to the phenomenon makes it worse. They blame the government for not having any answers.

It all boils down to the question of who The Returned are.

From the small amount I’ve read, there seems to be a religious aspect to this book. The book isn’t necessarily shoving religion down our throats but I think it’s trying to give a different perspective.

In the end this story, I believe, is about second chances, for this family, maybe for humanity.

This review has also been posted on my blog