1475 Padawans
93 Masters
rashikathebookowl

Rashika, The Book Owl

A timeless tale full of awesome

Daddy-Long-Legs - Jean Webster, Eva Ibbotson

If anyone ever asked me to recommend a classic, this is what I would recommend. I love what I've read by Jane Austen but this, THIS is truly a timeless story. Almost a century later after it was first published I find myself relating to this young girl. Her story comes to life for me through her letters to Daddy Long Legs.

Sitting here, writing this, I can most definitely say that this book lived up to everything I had hoped it would.

I didn't actually know this book existed until quite recently and as soon as I read the summary, I KNEW this book was something I would love. When I got my hands on a copy 2 months ago, I decided to read it at a rather slow pace. I read around a letter a day and sometimes I'd skip days too until today, when I decided I really did want to finish this and finish it I did.

I have no idea how to put how I feel about this book in words because truly, I am mesmerized by her story. I feel so elated and happy that I all I want to do is sing and dance and imagine how everything will work out afterwards, how their story will carry on.

Judy is just such a wonderful character, she is funny, strong and so full of life and her story is wonderful.

I am obviously going to fail at writing something coherent so I am just going to go back and re-read certain things ;)

If you haven't read this, please, go read it.

6 6