1478 Padawans

Rashika, The Book Owl

Missing the OOMPH factor

Deadly Secrets - Sarah Barrie

***This mini-review has also been posted on The Social Potato

This book has everything going for it yet the main reason I cannot rate it higher is that it seems to missing the ‘oomph’ factor. I adored this book, yet at the same time, I never fell in love. I rooted for the couple; I adored the main characters; I swooned at the romance; and I was at the edge of my seat because of the intensity of the plot. Yet, after I finished this book, that was it.

Jordan and Reid both suffer from what I'd like to call "the-pretty-people-syndrome" and while their attractiveness is brought up several times in the book, there is so much more to them than that. Both of these characters are well developed and you cannot help but enjoy reading about them.

The romance between the two won’t fail to make you go "aww" at times. It’s a love-hate relationship, and boy, did I love reading their interactions. They get off on the wrong foot, but as they get to know each other more, they started developing feelings for one another. I’ll admit to feeling a sense of  'insta-ness' to their romance because of the short period of time within which they develop their feelings, but that didn’t stop me from shipping the two.

The plot takes the cake though. I have to give the author kudos for developing such a highly entertaining mystery element to this story. She doesn’t try to throw in weird twists to mess with your brain but she doesn’t need to; she isn’t trying to hide things from the reader - she makes the readers live in the moment worrying about the characters and hoping things work out.

This isn't the best romantic suspense out there but I'd definitely recommend it to fans of the genre. Its a quite the read and it won't fail to entertain you.