1478 Padawans
94 Masters
rashikathebookowl

Rashika, The Book Owl

There was no connection b/w me and the characters so it wasn't all that awesome

Poison Dance: A Novella - Livia Blackburne

This novella is good. Great in fact. The problem is that I feel no connection. I felt detached the whole time I read this. There was no connection between me and the characters, hell that ending didn’t do anything for me either.

Which is why I am confused.The atmosphere is dark. The world building incredible. But the characters. I can see them for the strong people they are but there is no connection there. I can admire them and appreciate them but I cannot seem to forge a connection, to feel what they feel, to understand them.

The plot, the story, everything is perfect but the lack of connection kind of just ruins for me. What could have been an incredible novella turns bland and I wasn’t able to enjoy it as much as I could have otherwise.

In spite of this, I await the release of Midnight Thief and hope to get to see more of James.

This mini review has also been posted on Tangled in Pages

5 3